Re: Legend

• Stew
  • Platinum Member
  • Think Kayak Australia
More
16 years 3 months ago #1641 by Stew
Re: Legend was created by Stew

Stewart suppose it is a bit premy to find a review anywhere on the net?...if its targeted at the elite market, a performance comparison with the other benchmark elite ski's (V10, Mako6) would show up how well the "new" hull design performs.

Hey Ted,

When the ski arrives here in Oz, I'd be more than happy for someone to try it out and do a comparison to other manufacturers' skis.

Having unbiased reviews means that all paddlers considering purchasing a new ski have good information from which to make a decision on what to buy. Also helps manufacturers get good feedback on their product of course.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1642 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Re: Legend
Here's some info we were sent by Daryl Remmler of Think Kayaks:

I thought I would let you know we have finished our new elite level ski, and have the first batch arriving here in Vancouver at the end of the month.

As with the Evo, we put a lot of emphasis on the maximizing the engine ( the paddler ), so comfort and stability are both at the top of the features list on the Legend. The big difference with the Legend (from other boats in the class) is on the hull. Starting about mid-thigh, and extending back to just in front of the rudder, the hull (side to side) has a gentle curve leading to very hard edges. The result is very good initial and secondary stability (in its class), without compromising speed. The second benefit is catching and riding waves. The flattish stern picks up every little bump and runner (or wash), and once going the hard edges allow for great speed on the wave. In the end you have the athlete is in a fast stable boat, catching more runs, more often. Dimensions 21' 3" x 17".

More info to come at the end of the month.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
Attachments:

More
16 years 3 months ago #1643 by stuartknaggs
Replied by stuartknaggs on topic Re: Legend
The seat seems a long way forward, very little rocker. Should run well on small stuff but how well does it do in the big stuff? Anyone tested it yet?

Stuart

More
16 years 3 months ago #1644 by MFB
Replied by MFB on topic Re: Legend
Does the Legend still come with spectra or is it already stainless cable? Any new innovation in the rudder system?

More
16 years 3 months ago #1645 by DarylRemmler
Replied by DarylRemmler on topic Re: Legend
Hello all,
The legend seat position is slightly forward, but nothing dramatic. Rocker is low, but the ends are fine, with a V profile at the bow, so there is no bucking or slapping. Rudder set-up is the same as the evo, only with a lighter, thinner profile rudder, and a built in weed guard on the hull. We use Q-power line spectra for our rudder lines. Best in the industry. The cockpit drain is large, 23mm, and comes with an attached bung. Great for flatwater starts, and nice for cold water starts too.
Best regards,
Daryl

• nell
  • Visitor
16 years 3 months ago #1646 by nell
Replied by nell on topic Re: Legend
Great to have boat makers/designers with vision. Well done, Daryl and Jeff.

The Evo is impressive for what it is - an intermediate racing ski with good speed, stability, feel. I anxiously await my first ride in a Legend.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1647 by superted
Replied by superted on topic Re: Legend
Hi Daryl,

Any chance of posting different profile pics of the Legend next to the EVO?

More
16 years 3 months ago #1648 by DarylRemmler
Replied by DarylRemmler on topic Re: Legend
Hi Ted,
I will do that soon. First shipment should arrive here in early Feb. I can get the shots then. There is a chance Stewart may receive his first. If so he will probably be able to get good shots, and a review done reasonably quick.
Best regards,
Daryl

Latest Forum Topics