Re: Legend

More
16 years 2 months ago #1665 by superted
Re: Legend was created by superted
Thanks Stewart, the curiosity was getting to me ;D

The pictures quality are good enough to see what a different direction Think has taken. For those that havent seen it yet the LEGEND hull looks like a normal type ski front that morphs into a nearly flat bottom hard chined rear end. Looks very fast like it could get up on the plain.

Stewart if you havent had a chance to take it in the ocean..maybe Willy can answer

With that hard chine how is the transition between primary and secondary stability, coping with direction changes and cross chop to the rear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #1666 by Ritchie Cunningham
Replied by Ritchie Cunningham on topic Re: Legend
How about posting some pics? As a 14' skiff sailor I have a thing for hard chines.

More
16 years 2 months ago #1667 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Re: Legend

Stewart if you havent had a chance to take it in the ocean..maybe Willy can answer

With that hard chine how is the transition between primary and secondary stability, coping with direction changes and cross chop to the rear.

This is what Willy said:

Cant fault it, fastest boat i have ever been in. Linked up run after run so easy.

So I guess the direction changes weren't a problem for him. He commented on how stable the ski was, as did everyone who demoed it at the weekend, from low to intermediate paddlers, to one of the top racers in Australia.

More
16 years 2 months ago #1668 by Stew

How about posting some pics? As a 14' skiff sailor I have a thing for hard chines.

Can we attach photos here?

I don't have them online to link to. More than happy to e-mail them to anyone who wants them though.

More
16 years 2 months ago #1669 by onnopaddle
Replied by onnopaddle on topic Re: Legend
Hi Stewart,

If you get a chance, please send a set my way. Thanks.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Aloha,
pog

P.S. To Daryl, will keep trying !

More
16 years 2 months ago #1670 by Stew

Hi Stewart,

If you get a chance, please send a set my way. Thanks.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Aloha,
pog

P.S. To Daryl, will keep trying !

Sent ;D

More
16 years 2 months ago #1671 by DarylRemmler
Replied by DarylRemmler on topic Re: Legend
Hi all,

I have not seen the pictures that Stew has shot yet, but I imagine they make the hull look pretty flat.

This is an illusion created by the hard chines, as the hull actually has a gently curved cross section between the chines. In fact it is not as "flat" as a competitors hull. This curve allows the paddler to easily control the attitude of the boat, and not be forced into fighting a flat hulled boats tendancy to stay square to the surface of the water.

The hard chines offer tons of secondary stability, and once up and running offer better release, making the boat nice and slippery for linking runs together.

Best regards,

Daryl

More
16 years 2 months ago #1672 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Re: Legend
First batch of photos, sent to us by Stewart.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
Attachments:

Latest Forum Topics