Think Evo issues

More
16 years 1 month ago #1902 by Sandy
Think Evo issues was created by Sandy
Great to see all enjoying the new boat , however.......I have had an evo for 5 months now. I am on my second "issue". First was a shoddy finish at the footwell drain tube/hull connection. (remedied with some epoxy.) Now its the epoxy "blob" that centers and holds the top of the rudder tube. Haven't really creamed the rudder into anything, one little thump into some shallow water and the entire blob has cracked and fallen to bits. I have had some leak going on and i suspect the connection has been involved. I am really happy with the ski in general but am now getting a little annoyed with these twol issues. It appears that whatever material used for the blob was poorly bonded to the "floor" of the rudder housing( the part you see inside the hatch.I realize that a lot of force is focused here by the ruddder and as such would have hoped this was more solid. For 2375$ US one would hope to not have to deal with this so soon after purchase. Have been paddling @ 3-4 days a week and am realativley careful with my gear. So........ posting this in the hope the think will consider this an area of attention with their manufacture. Big stuff (seams and layup) is great , but as we all know it is usually the little bits piling up that bite you in the .....
Planning on laying in some cloth and resin with some chop strand to beef up the support for the tube. Sea worthiness is key to safety , I'll keep my PFD on for now!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 month ago #1903 by DarylRemmler
Replied by DarylRemmler on topic Think Evo issues
Hi Sandy,

Sorry to hear that you have had an issue with the rudder in your boat. At Think, of course we are concerned with any issue that arises with one of our crafts, like all conscientious builders. Also, we are happy to help find a solution to the problem in a respectful manor.

In my opinion we have a very strong and well designed rudder box, but that is not to say that things can't go wrong on occasion, or that they can not be damaged by impact.

Please contact me directly at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , and I'll help you sort it out.

Best regards,

Daryl

More
16 years 1 month ago #1904 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Think Evo issues
(I split this thread because the Evo issues were unrelated to the earlier posts in the old topic.)

Thanks to Daryl for responding so quickly - hopefully this site can serve a useful purpose in this regard.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Latest Forum Topics