Re: Evo Feedback

More
16 years 1 week ago #2065 by superted
Re: Evo Feedback was created by superted
I found the EVO faster on the flats and very small chop to a similar wieght Sport. Catching larger clean waves they are similar in the amount of effort required to get on the run, which is a lot more then say a longer V10. Both surf about the same using the standard sport rudder vs EVO rudder and can be leant over easy to stear when the rudder is out of the water. I had my EVO in much bigger/ messy conditions then ive had a chance to be in on a Sport so cannot compare that.

I felt comfortable and confident (sometimes very nervous but happy for the stability) being on the EVO, id imagine the Sport to handle the larger conditions the same if the seat was padded out.

Secondary stability, the EVO was better. You really need to paddle all 3 skis and work out which one suits you best but i dont "Think" you'd go wrong starting like i have on an EVO.

nesurfski had a review comparing all 3 skis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 week ago #2066 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Re: Evo Feedback

nesurfski had a review comparing all 3 skis.

That's at:

www.nesurfski.net/

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
16 years 1 week ago #2067 by John Sanderson
Replied by John Sanderson on topic Re: Evo Feedback
Hi Superted

Thanks for your feedback, it's a great help.

And thanks also to Rob for your help.

Cheers
John

Latest Forum Topics