Re: Evo Comps

• Seaugi
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #769 by Seaugi
Re: Evo Comps was created by Seaugi
Can only compare it to the Epic Sport. As its what I have.
To start, here in BC, its considerably cheaper.

The Epic seat is way too wide. (Don't really understand why it is that way, you have to have a really big ass to feel tight) I had to foam mine out to feel comfortable. Not a fan of the butt wiggle.

Just as stable as the Sport, perhaps more so because of the smaller seat.
The footwells of the Evo are wider, so you carry more water after a swim, but conversely, I could wear a set of warm booties come winter. Can't do that in the Epic. I found my feet got cold Sport this past spring.

I prefer the length adjustment of Epic. They have the best one I've seen yet. Absolutely brilliant design.

I'll preface my last point by telling you I've been sick for a month now and have not paddled in 3 weeks - I got beat by one tonight at our weekly race (by a guy I normally trounce.) It is a fast boat as its longer than the Epic. He seemed iffy in the waves, but didn't dump (the joy of learning).

Seems durable enough to take the abuse we put on them here in BC (the glass one anyway) I've watched a few of them dropped on the concrete with no visible damage. That is not the case with my Epic.

Here in Van, there are more and more of them. I don't know anyone who has any complaints about either. I love the Sport, I enjoy the Evo. They are both great boats. Suggest you spend a few sessions inn each before you decide.

Cheers

Sean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #770 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Re: Evo Comps
We've got a review of the Think Evo coming up - watch out for it in the next 48 hours!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
16 years 6 months ago #771 by superted
Replied by superted on topic Re: Evo Comps
Daryl (or anyone) ....With the Evo having a taller gunwale, how easy is it to remount compared with the v10 sport or fenn XT?

More
16 years 6 months ago #772 by DarylRemmler
Replied by DarylRemmler on topic Re: Evo Comps
The Evo is Very easy to remount. The gunwales are not noticeably higher than an XT in the seat area, but significantly higher in the foot well area. This helps keep beam waves from broaching into the foot well, but does not impede remounting should the need arise.

Daryl

More
16 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #773 by Bill L
Replied by Bill L on topic Re: Evo Comps
Hello,
As a newbie to surfskis, with a new EVO, I can attest to the fact that it is easy to remount. Being a newbie, I have been doing a lot of that lately.... , but I do love the boat.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Bill L.

Latest Forum Topics