Singapore

• MikeL
  • Visitor
12 years 9 months ago #7366 by MikeL
Singapore was created by MikeL
Guys,

I'm going to be moving to Singapore and am looking for information on groups or clubs to join. I have a v10 sport and have been searching the web for paddlers in Singapore. However, i can only find kayaking sites and most of the paddling sites seem to be for the short plastic kind. Can anyone help.

Also any information about storage in Singapore as cars cost a bomb and space for a v10 at home doesn't work. I need to store my ski in a boat house or something along those lines.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7371 by latman
Replied by latman on topic Re:Singapore
I know James Shortis lives in Hong Kong and is into Dragonboat ,surfski and Outriggers, and his wife is (was?)involved in www.typhoon8.com/contactus.html and I see a Singapore contact there .

More
12 years 9 months ago #7372 by chriswalkeralive
Replied by chriswalkeralive on topic Re: Singapore
My brother lives there and would love a paddle buddie. Send yr contact details and I'll connect you.

• MikeL
  • Visitor
12 years 9 months ago #7376 by MikeL
Replied by MikeL on topic Re: Singapore
Chris, that would be great. My e-mail is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Latman, is that James and Michelle?

Thanks guys that's great. Now i've just got to workout how to get my kayak there in one peice.

• MikeL
  • Visitor
12 years 9 months ago #7377 by MikeL
Replied by MikeL on topic Re:Singapore
Latman, is that James and Michelle? I think I know them.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7382 by latman
Replied by latman on topic Re:Singapore
Yes James and Michelle , you could also email Epic and ask them how many boats they have sold to Singapore , and they may know of a club or something there.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7383 by HKPaddler
Replied by HKPaddler on topic Re:Singapore
Gidday,

James here (the 'James' from 'James & Michelle'), get in touch with someone from the Singapore Paddle Club as they are the ones with the down-low on boat storage on Sentosa Island in Singapore.

There is quite a healthy paddle crew in Singapore on OC1's, surf skis and even a world class paddle boarder (who came 2nd in the Molokai 2 Oahu paddle board race last year!). Heaps of water around Singapore to train in and a very healthy apres paddle scene!

drop me a note if you wnat more details, but there are quite a few guys on this site who are from Singapore who will be able to help.

Cheers,
James

• MikeL
  • Visitor
12 years 9 months ago #7392 by MikeL
Replied by MikeL on topic Re:Singapore
Thanks James. If you're wondering how we know each other we used to be neighbours in Repulse Bay. Thanks for the advice

More
12 years 9 months ago #7393 by HKPaddler
Replied by HKPaddler on topic Re:Singapore
Ha, i thought i resognised the name!
drop me an email (kaikane(at)netvigator(dot)com) and i will put you in touch with a few guys directly in Singapore who will be able to help you straight away - and get you out on the water!
see ya!
james

Latest Forum Topics