East Coast Surfski Championships?

• Yankee Paddler
  • Visitor
8 years 8 months ago #24490 by Yankee Paddler
East Coast Surfski Championships? was created by Yankee Paddler
The L2L race was canceled this year but I heard a rumor that the East Coast Surfski Championships will take place as part of a race on Long Island NY called the Great Peconic Race. This would be really great news, can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #24491 by Trilobite
Yes, unfortunately, the extremely popular Lighthouse to Lighthouse Race has been cancelled for this year, with high hopes it will take place next year. It has garnered competition from up and down the east coast, and the organizers are doing all they can to assure it continues.

For this year, the second running of The Great Peconic Race is billed as such. My understanding is that the surfski champs laurels will reside temporarily here, to rest next year with its original venue when the L2L takes place.

The Great Peconic Race is a wonderful event, comprising a Blackburn-like distance, varied conditions circumnavigating Shelter Island, and outstanding scenery. The beach party to follow is unparalleled. Austin Kieffer will again be attending, defending his title against such worthy competitors as U.S. National Team paddler, Jesse Lischuck, and a number of other East coast regulars, both single and tandem. I did it last year in a double ski and the course provides a bit of everything, and surfing to boot. Do come; it is not an event to miss!!
greatpeconicrace.com/

"Nice? It's the only thing," said the Water Rat, solemnly, as he leaned forward for his stroke. "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
'The Wind in the Willows'~Kenneth Grahame
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yankee Paddler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.