Umbral's Thread...

More
8 years 1 month ago #25792 by Fath2o
A TROLL! Wait a minute... I resemble that remark! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spacehopper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #25793 by Fath2o
Ludovic, ever seen the movie "Idiocracy". Classic!

More
8 years 1 month ago #25794 by Ranga
As for the weight published on the Epic web site, any reputable company will always err on the maximum weight that can be made. Very easy to publish the lightest weight possible but irresponsible and misleading. A few companies advertise the raw weight without any fittings, what is the point of this? So the weight published is generally heavier than what you would generally expect to purchase.

As for the rudder? I have had my rudder come loose on my ski and believe me it is IMPOSSIBLE to paddle without one, float in the direction of the wind is however possible and on dead flat conditions without wind also possible.
The question is WHY, what would posses you to want to paddle without a rudder? Just a note I have done most if not all disciplines of kayak and surfski, even wildwater, that`s without a rudder! and I still prefer a rudder.

The weight of the craft is very important, not sure where you get the idea of it is not. Lighter is always better, why do they have weight restrictions for kayaks and certain Lifesaving surfskis? Because if they were lighter they would give an unfair advantage to those that cannot afford the lighter craft hence be slower because of funds. The challenge to anyone is to go paddle the heaviest craft they can find and then the lightest and make an educated decision yourself, preferably the same model craft would be advisable. I am specifically focusing on acceleration, and every stroke you take under load is essentially accelerating your boat.

Seems to be a slight issue with this topic! Clearly opposite ends of the spectrum here (very social v competitive). I should delete what I have written, but someone else might get something out of what I have written.

More
8 years 1 month ago #25796 by Hiro
@Ludovic & Rob : It takes patience ! The guy comes in asking for help, never introduced himself on the forum, does not like the advice given to him, order an admin to ban an active and helping (to many of us) longtime member... Is that for real ?

More
8 years 1 month ago #25799 by Fath2o
Somehow I just don't think it is possible to have a rational conversation with a guy who is
63kg/139lbs. and calls himself "Herculese".

• photofr
  • Platinum Member
  • SURFSKI: K1 560M - 560x43.8 / K2 Viper - 650x56
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #25804 by photofr
Here's to US - looking like silly girls:

File Attachment:

:)

Ludovic
(Brittany, France)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by photofr.

More
8 years 1 month ago #25806 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Delete - Hack
Can I please appeal to whoever hacked into this thread to contact me directly. I need to know how and why.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

• photofr
  • Platinum Member
  • SURFSKI: K1 560M - 560x43.8 / K2 Viper - 650x56
More
8 years 1 month ago #25808 by photofr
Replied by photofr on topic Delete - Hack

Umbral wrote: Nice, someone deleted all my posts. I guess i am done with this forum. Enjoy your trolls and no action to prevent such things.

PROBABILITIES
It is so doubtful that anyone actually hacked this forum.
The fact that your computer may have been hacked is also very unlikely.
Funny thing is: you could have used a different IP address when you deleted your own posts using your own computer.

You've created enough chaos and wasted enough of everyone's time, effort, and willingness to help. At the risk of being banned from this forum, I will still express my opinion:
Go Waste Someone Else's Time - somewhere else.

Ludovic
(Brittany, France)

More
8 years 1 month ago #25809 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Delete - Hack
Having investigated, it does appear that the same computer was used to delete the posts as the one that was used to write the posts in the first place.

I'm inclined to remove topic altogether because I don't want people to think that the site has been hacked!

Rob

Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
8 years 1 month ago #25810 by [email protected]
Ok, I've banned Umbral and all his/her posts have been deleted.

I hate doing this; I much prefer people to sort their differences out but sometimes it's not possible.

Rob

The following user(s) said Thank You: rlh608

Latest Forum Topics