Re: Epic V10 Sport vs Fenn XT vs Think Evo

More
15 years 10 months ago #1137 by MFB
I got -1 on my Karma just for participating here. :o ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1138 by superted
Trust me Mark, its not the end of the world :)

More
15 years 10 months ago #1139 by MFB
Hahaha! Hey no prob bro. I almost bought a evo before and that was one of the reasons I didnt. My tough experience with changing rudder lines from my old burton to spectra made it "Knot" so pleasant. Im sure its a great ski, quality should be almost perfect due to where its made.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1140 by Beanboy
Glad to see the thread has some life in it. ;D

Will be trying out the EVO soon on flatwater.

I know the used V10 has had rudder replaced twice after rudder pin was bent on rocks. Not sure if there was any hull damage. Will take a closer look next time I am on it (tomorrow) and ask for more details.

Any longterm issues with a used ski that wouldn't be noticable with just looking at it? Water being absorbed? If the hull did need repair around rudder pin, will it be as strong as new?

• Seaugi
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #1141 by Seaugi
Replied by Seaugi on topic Re: Epic V10 Sport vs Fenn XT vs Think Evo
Take a good look inside the V10S. Make sure the stringers and the walls are still firmly attached to each other. Need to really look closely through the drain hole. Just make sure the great deal isn't because the boat has been (or been denied) warranteed.
Having said that, I love my V10S. Had my club buy two of them. I find them super easy to catch runs.
I also love the Evo. I like the way it paddles, love it's larger footwell (I've size 12s) and as for the mid cockpit leash attachement- that one is brilliant.
Both good boats.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1142 by Dean Gardiner
Gidday Fellows
First time ive done this. For disclosure purposes I sell both Fenn and Honcho
Dont be afraid to try either of the more stable Honcho boats.
The rookie has similar charactaristics to the Think boats while the Guevara is the closest thing I have seen with regards to stability to the XT.
There is no doubt that the XT is the most stable out of all of these. This is what makes it the most popular boat in Australia and the easiest boat to resell for a good price.
The Honcho range are well priced at $2200aud for the fibreglass skis in Australia.
Both Guevara and Rookie are great introduction to intermediate boats and well worth a try. They are South African made by paddlers who are willing to experiment with shapes and construction hence the inovative shapes that they now have in their range.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1143 by Stew

How do you get the micro adjustments done? I was previously told that it was a square knot at the yoke. What about over at the pedals?

The adjustment system allows for very small increment changes in length, which means you can really get the exact length you are after. The rudder lines have three points of contact on each pedal to really lock them in and ensure there is no slipping. Additionally, there is a adjuster on the line behind the foot plate to allow you to set the tension as you require, quickly and easily.

Hahaha! Hey no prob bro. I almost bought a evo before and that was one of the reasons I didnt. My tough experience with changing rudder lines from my old burton to spectra made it "Knot" so pleasant. Im sure its a great ski, quality should be almost perfect due to where its made.

How one manufacturer uses a material can be completely different to another. I would have thought it silly to rule out an option, based on how how another manufacturer has utilized a fabric/rudder line/rudder etc etc. Best thing is to inspect and paddle every ski available and choose the one that feels right, impresses you with it's build quality and finish, and makes you want to get out on the water.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1144 by Beanboy
Choosing between the Evo and V10 Sport was easy, I didn't fit in the Evo! The seat fit fine, was just a contact point right where the seat ends where the boat comes in a bit, dug into my thighs and left a bruise on both sides after a couple of hours of paddling.

The Think Fit is on my list, the V10S is still on the list, but I will demo a V10L to see just how tippy a 17" model is and if I fit in it. If I do, might be willing to give it a shot since the V10S does get blown around a bit on flatwater windy situations.

Latest Forum Topics