Carbonology Flash

More
10 years 8 months ago #17983 by JC
Carbonology Flash was created by JC
Any more feedback on the Flash? In particular, stability . . . I've read that it's somewhat more stable than "elite" skis, but others have reported that it's very tippy. Thanks for any insight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #17984 by AR_convert
Replied by AR_convert on topic Carbonology Flash
As a Flash paddler I reckon it's "predictable". That said I am comfortable in other elite skis such as the Think Uno and Epic V12.

While I reckon the Flash isn't as fast as the V12 or Uno on flat water I would be much happier in it in other more challenging conditions.

To me it comes down to how much power you can put down in what conditions. Stability before ability. I find I am able to paddle the Flash pretty much flat out in almost all conditions where other boats may tend to behave differently.

You need to paddle a ski in lots of various conditions before making an appraisal of its stability.

The only ski that I have shied away from due to stability is the Atom. It is fair dinkum fast but at the penalty of being a handful when there is any side chop around.

The Flash for me is a great "All rounder" the ski you have when you cant afford several skis for differing conditions.

Always looking for the next boat :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #17985 by Dicko
Replied by Dicko on topic Carbonology Flash
I've had a couple of paddles in small chop and small downwind. Good looking boat to sit in. Compared to my vault it was significantly faster. Alot less primary stability but pretty good secondary.
It is a definite step up from the intermediate boats.
Interestingly, on one paddle I was in my wifes SEL and I reckon it is at least as fast as the flash. After swapping boats there was still no appreciable difference in speed between the boats. The SEL is a lot more stable than the flash. I never felt I was going to fall out of the flash, but, as I get older I worry about remounting a boat like the flash.
But geez it feels good to sit in, is beautifully finished and reminds me a lot of the old red7 pro, but more stable in the side chop.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Dicko. Reason: spelling, grammar etc
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC

Latest Forum Topics