Maui surski rental, again

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #16057 by 1xsculler
I've asked this before but need the info again. Maui surfski rental?

current skis: SES Ultra. sculling boats: Fluidesign Lwt, Wintech, Empacher.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #16062 by Milo
Replied by Milo on topic Re: Maui surski rental, again
I help to represent Epic on Maui. We have a selection of Epic Surfski to rent, including V8, V10S & V10. Call me on 808 283 5459. Aloha Richard

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #16286 by 1xsculler
I can't thank Richard enough. He rented me an Epic V8 (can't tip that puppy over) and then allowed me to trade it for a V10S (a little unstable but a piece of cake compared to my V12). He offered really good advice about paddling on Maui and he dropped off and will pick up my rented ski on Sunday. I've learned so much and can't wait to get back home to get back into battle in my V12. I hope to rent from Richard four to five times per year for two to six weeks at a time now that I am retired. I asked Richard why he is surfskiing here in Hawaii when OC-1 (outrigger) is much more traditional and popular. Part of his answer was that it is really challenging. That is a major factor in my interest in surfskiing too. The other is core strengthening for sculling which is, or maybe was, my true love. I've had a wonderful time here on Maui going out for about 2 times/day for about 1/2 hour per session in two different skis in various conditions, i.e. flat to washing machine windy chop.
Maui may be one of the premier spots for surfskiing.

current skis: SES Ultra. sculling boats: Fluidesign Lwt, Wintech, Empacher.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by 1xsculler.

Latest Forum Topics