V10 Carrying handle

More
3 years 9 months ago #36928 by dsmullin
V10 Carrying handle was created by dsmullin
I have an older V10 Sport that does not have any handles.I installed an EZ Plug glue on handle on the stern but can not find a handle to mount on the bow where it isn’t flat.Do you have any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #36932 by waverider
Replied by waverider on topic V10 Carrying handle
do you really need bow and stern handles.? If two people are carrying a ski its easy to wrap your around it, though you dont need two to carry it. I guess they could be handy for attaching bow and stern tie down strap when transporting.

I have heard of someone drilling oversize hole through nose. then packing that hole and void immediately behind with epoxy, When hard then drilling smaller hole through that plug and using that as an attachment point. Seems a bit drastic, and tba I dont need a nose handle so wont be trying it

More
3 years 9 months ago #36933 by waverider
Replied by waverider on topic V10 Carrying handle
Could you apply an EZ plug handle on side of nose rather than on top. Even one each side with a loop connecting them together if you really do need a top strap

More
3 years 9 months ago #36937 by Paddlehead
Replied by Paddlehead on topic V10 Carrying handle
I'm not a fan of carry handles and I have a gen 3 V10, so my boat came with 2 carry handles. As a means of carrying an 11kg boat they really are a bit of overkill. Sometimes my 10yo daughter will meet me at the waters edge and offer to help carry my boat home. Then they're handy. 

The thing is though, when you are punching out through some surf, if you get smashed, they are bloody handy to grab and keep the nose ducking under waves until you get an opportunity to remount. As for carrying a boat, I wouldn't bother. As a means of controlling your boat in surf or even swimming to shore if something breaks, I think I like them

Current: NK Storm 61, Kayak Centre Zeplin.

Past: Epic gen3 V10, Fenn Elite carbon, Fenn Elite Vac glass, Fenn Elite SL, Gen 1 Stellar SEL ultra, Epic V10 gen 2, Carbonology Vault, Fenn Swordfish, Red7 pro 70, Think Legend, Red7 60, Fenn Xt.

Latest Forum Topics